Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Escape the City in a Rocky Mountain Way

Hello!

I just was able to go back and visit my home state for a week. 

As I recently got a new job (where I'll be living and working in Peru!), I needed to return to beautiful Colorado to see family and organize my things. I hiked in the foothills near Ken Caryl and went to Steamboat Springs for the weekend with my mother, aunt, and several friends. Here are some photos of my parent's backyard and my mountain trips ;D

Oh, and you should listen to this song as you look at my photos, for proper atmosphere.



 Morning glory next to a pumpkin in my mom's garden

More morning glories

 Basil flowers

Single red leaf - fall hasn't quite finished in Denver

Prairie dog in Ken Caryl

Cactus flower in Ken Caryl

 I hiked the Valley View trail near the Steamboat ski area at 7am and got some nice pictures facing South and West of Steamboat Springs

Valley South of Steamboat with a hot air balloon and aspen changing leaves

 Aspens in fall colors

 Hot air balloon

 Aspen against the blue Colorado sky

Part of Steamboat and the valley

Mountains above Steamboat

Break in the clouds

Sunset

 Creek behind our condo at sunset

Fall leaves at Steamboat Botanical Garden

Berries at Steamboat Botanical Gardens

Robin at the gardens 

Coneflower

 Fall leaf on moss

Aspen leaf

 More berries

Path leading to the botanic gardens with aspens and other trees - excuse the rain on the lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment