Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cornbread, my love

Tonight I've made something glorious. Tonight I've made....

Pan de Choclo!

Peruvian cornbread, stuffed with spiced chicken, raisins, olives, and hard boiled eggs, pan de choclo is a winner.

Here's the recipe on my travel blog: KT-Synesthesia. I made this one with a pound of blue corn I used to make chicha, then boiled that and put it through the food processor to make corn meal.

I made it with a cranberry salsa, just to give it a little pink :) I'll include the recipe for that at the bottom, only eat it if you are in the mood to eat many many tortilla chips...or pan de choclo!








Cranberry Salsa recipe:

-1 bag cranberries
-3 fresno chilis
-1/2 an onion
-1 clove garlic
-2 tomatoes
-juice of 2 limes


Stick everything in the food processor, and whir!. Just a note, I don't add salt because chips are salty enough, but do what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment