Monday, October 24, 2011

Gooey fluffy chocolate happiness

One night when I was attempting to make brownies, I turned out this wonderful thing!

FYI--it was not a brownie...

The story goes that I had fresh milled cocoa powder and an 100% chocolate bar and no flour. We wanted brownies. What could we do?

I attempted to use a flourless brownie recipe from the internet, with one problem; there was NO SUGAR OR MILK in my chocolate. Though I love really dark chocolate, I wanted sugar and milk in my brownies thank you very much. Here's the next problem--you don't use milk to make brownies, if you do it's minimal. So long story short, in the end my brownies were (in fact) not brownies.

So here's the recipe for my lovely, fluffy, chocolatey (not brownies) torte :)







CHOCOLATE TORTE

-1 chocolate bar (100% cocoa), broken into pieces
-5.5 Tbs. butter
-1/2 cup good-quality dutch process cocoa powder
-1 cup whole milk
-1.5 c. (or to taste) brown sugar
-1/2 tsp. salt
-4 eggs

Melt the butter over a burner. When it is completely melted and bubbling, turn of the heat and add the chocolate bar, and stir until melted. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and salt, and stir until fully integrated and very smooth. Check to make sure the mixture is cool, and if so add in all the eggs at once, and stir with a fork until smooth again.

Pour into a very well-oiled bread pan, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the torte puffs up and is no longer liquidy in the center. The center will still be jiggly, but the edges will look baked. This should be about 30 min (though I never know with a Peruvian oven).

Slice crosswise, serve with a cold glass of milk, y disfruta!

No comments:

Post a Comment